Since it’s the day after Turkey day, and everyone has probably been up since midnight waiting in line for “good deals”, it’s probably time to start the Christmas Surveys.
So, here’s the first one I received in an email a week ago. *sigh*
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Depends on the gift that’s going in it. Aren’t some things just designed to go in a gift bag?
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Since the Husbear requires a tree to be put up, we have an artificial tree. No sense in killing a living tree every year when we can just recycle a fake one.
3. When do you put up the tree?
The Husbear does. I’m betting it will be up by the time I get home from work today (Friday)….
4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually a day or two after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Not a fan. Go figure that I wouldn’t like something thick sliding down the back of my throat.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I don’t remember. I have deleted those memories to make room for other trivia.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
The Husbear. Quandary, eh?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Umm… no. What does Xmas have to do with Jesus?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Both. This is the 21st century, isn’t it?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A Bible, with all the “don’t be gay” versus written on cards and included in it. Thanks mom and dad.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The one where Santa gets lost in a blizzard and has to kill all the reindeer and then dies from exposure. And I think Frosty the Snowman melts in a fire in it too.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Whenever the Husbear drags me out to do it.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I think once.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Lights on the tree?
Is there an alternative? Lights clumped up on the floor below a tree would look pretty silly. Although….
17. Favorite Christmas song?
NONE! Having worked in a retail environment for 12+ years, the evil Xmas music starts after Halloween and gets worse after Thanksgiving. You can only take so many remakes of a “classic” song before you want to put a bullet in the P.A. system. I’m about 11 years past that point.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
Yes, as I shoot them out of the sky.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have a teddy bear angel topper that is holding a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Xmas Morning. When I was a kid, we’d open one on Xmas Eve then the rest Xmas morning. I didn’t understand that. It was like teasing!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
All of it! Ugh.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Black tree. Black ornaments. With blood red lights. And “fake”, dead animals. The Husbear won’t let me do that though.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Umm, wasn’t that asked on #15?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I have no idea. When I need something, I go buy it (if I can afford it). I do the same for others. Why should there be a “special” holiday just for that?
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
Why does this question even get listed?
27. Who is least likely to respond to this?
What I said on my previous answer.
Yes, as you can tell—I’m one of those people.
Until next time...